Mohonk Preserve, New York State’s largest member & visitor supported nature preserve, is seeking an experienced fundraiser to fill the position of:
Special Events Manager
- Minimum of three years’ experience in events management or related experience.
- Exemplary project management, communication, delegation, and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and writing skills, a high level of creativity and an eye for detail.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office at a minimum.
- At least two years database experience in one or more of the following: event/project management databases; donor management databases e.g. Raiser’s Edge (RE), Access and/or similar databases (proficiency in RE preferred).
- Experience with desktop publishing and publication production & graphic design.
- Comfort with a high level of social interaction with a wide range of individuals and groups.
- A critical attribute is the ability to manage all aspects of relationships with existing and new vendors for events, including but not limited to caterers, banquet facilities, restaurants, technical consultants, printers, entertainment and the press.
- This position requires physical activity, such as hiking on outdoor trails with varied terrain.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
- A knowledge of and appreciation for the mission of the Mohonk Preserve is desired.
This job announcement is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.
Mohonk Preserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates.