Mohonk Preserve, New York State’s largest member & visitor supported nature preserve, is seeking an experienced fundraiser to fill the position of:
Director of Donor Relations – Full Time
Mohonk Preserve, located in Ulster County, NY is a non-profit organization whose mission is to protect the Shawangunk Mountains region and inspire people to care for, enjoy, and explore their natural world. The Preserve manages 8,000 acres of the northern Shawangunk Mountains in Ulster County, NY through four integrated programs – Conservation Science, Education, Land Stewardship, and Land Protection, and is a regional model for large-scale conservation planning. We have an annual budget of $4 million, 36 year-round staff, over 350 volunteers, and a diverse support base of over 16,000 members.
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Vice President & Chief Development Officer (VPCDO) the Director of Donor Relations is responsible for leading a multi-faceted major gifts and planned giving program, and is the primary staff position for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors/prospective contributors. Additionally, the Director of Donor Relations will help organize and oversee the Preserve’s Capital and Endowment Campaigns.
For a full job description, click here.
• Capital Campaign & Endowment Coordinator
• Special Events Manager
Position duties include but are not limited to:
• stimulate the involvement and interest of an ever-growing support base of members, donors, visitors and friends;
• work directly with a portfolio of prospective donors to advance their relationship with Mohonk Preserve in line with long-range fundraising strategies as determined within the Strategic Plan;
• support and advise the VPCDO in planning annual campaigns, capital campaigns, endowment giving programs, and other multi-year priorities; and
• manage the Preserve's Planned Giving & Preserver programs.
Qualifications & additional requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of five years fundraising experience with a proven track record of closing five and six figure gifts, inspiring staff and colleagues, and managing a large portfolio of prospects.
• Strong supervisory experience and ability to manage & motivate staff.
• Excellent computer skills/database knowledge (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
• Demonstrated record of successful major gift fundraising and implementing large-scale fundraising strategies.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and ability to lead as well as function as a team member.
• Able to articulate the case for support so that individuals "invest" in the vision/mission/goals of the Preserve.
• Comfortable speaking publicly and representing the Preserve at events.
• Ability to work closely with and express a positive attitude and appreciation toward people giving their time and energy as members, donors, and volunteers.
• Driver’s License required.
• Willingness to travel and work irregular hours, including some weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
• Interest and willingness to conduct programs and events outdoors, such as trail hikes, etc.
Salary: $70’s based on experience.
Excellent work environment with benefits including health, vision, dental, life, disability insurance, retirement plan, and access privileges to the lands of the Preserve and the Mohonk Mountain House resort.
Email cover letter & resume in Adobe PDF only before October 11 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job announcement is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.
For full job description, click here.
No phone calls please.
Mohonk Preserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer