Mohonk Preserve, New York State’s largest member & visitor supported nature preserve, is seeking an experienced fundraiser to fill the position of:
Capital Campaign & Endowment Coordinator – Full Time
For a full job description, click here.
Mohonk Preserve, located in Ulster County, NY is a non-profit organization whose mission is to protect the Shawangunk Mountains region and inspire people to care for, enjoy, and explore their natural world. The Preserve manages 8,000 acres of the northern Shawangunk Mountains in Ulster County, NY through four integrated programs – Conservation Science, Education, Land Stewardship, and Land Protection, and is a regional model for large-scale conservation planning. We have an annual budget of $4 million, 36 year-round staff, over 350 volunteers, and a diverse support base of over 16,000 members.
Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Director of Donor Relations (DDR), the Capital Campaign & Endowment Coordinator (CCEC) is responsible for implementation related to the Capital Campaign and the Endowment Giving Program. The CCEC supports the Preserve’s DDR, VP & Chief Development Officer, President & CEO, and Board Members on capital campaign and endowment solicitations. It is the CCEC’s role to keep the campaign and endowment giving program on schedule and progressing with a high level of visibility and momentum, engendering a sense of excitement, optimism and confidence in achieving the campaign goals.
Position duties include but are not limited to:
• Manage and organize all elements of the capital campaign, including pipelines, prospect tracking, strategy, task assignment and maintenance of timelines.
• Maintains master campaign calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep campaign committee on track.
• Organizes and monitors committee assignments and follow-up, and assists in all aspects of campaign-related events.
• Help develop and enhance endowment giving programs, including traditional endowment giving, named endowments, memorial naming opportunities.
• Ensure donor information and interaction is promptly entered into the donor database.
Qualifications & additional requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum five years fundraising experience relevant to the responsibilities.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and to lead, as well as function as a team member; shows individual initiative and self-motivation.
• Donor management database experience a must; Raiser’s Edge preferred.
• Superior computer and file management skills required. (MS Office, Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Ability to handle confidential donor information discreetly a must.
• Must communicate well with staff, Board members, volunteers and funders at all levels and be able to present & explain projects efficiently and clearly.
• Exemplary oral & written communication skills.
• Driver’s license required.
• Willingness to work irregular hours, including some weekends, evenings, and/or holidays.
Salary: $40’s based on experience.
Excellent work environment with benefits including health, vision, dental, life, disability insurance, retirement plan, and access privileges to the lands of the Preserve and the Mohonk Mountain House resort.
Email cover letter & resume in Adobe PDF only before October 16 to: email@example.com
This job announcement is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties assigned.
For full job description click here.
No phone calls please.
Mohonk Preserve is an Equal Opportunity Employer