Tools To Help You Fundraise
We are thrilled to have you participate in Rock The Ridge 2018 – you are in for an incredible time as you experience the cliffs, dwarf pine barrens, crystal-clear streams, historic carriage roads, and magnificent views that make Mohonk Preserve a world-renowned ecological and recreational destination.
Thank you for raising funds to support our mission – to protect the Shawangunk Mountains Region and inspire people to care for, enjoy, and explore their natural world.
Mohonk Preserve’s award-winning Land Protection, Land Stewardship, Environmental Education and Conservation Science programs all work to protect an iconic landscape named one of “Earth’s Last Great Places,” and reach beyond the borders of our over 8,000 acres.
Mohonk Preserve is home to stunning mountain ridges, forests, fields, streams, ponds, and other unique environments. Your gift today will help save the land for life by:
- safeguarding clean water integral to the health of the Hudson River and New York’s water supply;
- protecting critical habitat for wildlife like the Peregrine Falcon, which is listed as an endangered species in New York State; and
- inspiring the next generation of conservationists by providing accessible environmental education programs for kids and adults.
Help protect the Shawangunk Mountains region today for our water, our wildlife, and our children.
We know fundraising can be hard. Our goal is to make your Rock The Ridge fundraising campaign easy, successful and fun! We’ve created this fundraising toolkit so you’ll have everything you need to get started. You can also contact us with any questions – we’re always happy to help!
Please remember, all of your donations must be received by the fundraising deadline of May 16, 2018 to be counted toward the fundraising minimum.
Your campaign page is where your family, friends and supporters will go to donate to your Rock The Ridge campaign. We’ve found participants do well when they create a campaign rich with content. Here are some tips to help make your page so compelling, your supporters will not leave without pressing the donate button.
- Tell your story – paint the picture of your campaign. We’ve created a story that you can personalize. Go ahead and make it your own:
- Why do I want to participate in this endurance event?
- Why is being connected to the outdoors important to me?
- Who is reading this message?
- What aspects of the Preserve can I highlight to make them want to donate?
- Add pictures – pictures tell a vivid story and add a compelling visual component to your campaign. We’ve provided photos you can use, feel free to keep them or add your own! Click here to download our photos.
- Add video – a video will help round out your page and provide more detail. Try using ours, or create and upload your own video.
- Update your supporters – CrowdRise allows you to post updates to your fundraising page. Tell your supporters how your training is going, or remind them why you are running/walking/hiking. We’ll send you ideas throughout your campaign, along with the chance to win cool prizes with monthly challenges.
To update your campaign page, make sure you're logged in to your Crowdrise account. Then, go to the fundraiser that you'd like to edit. Click on the Edit Fundraiser tab at the top of the page and on the next page, you'll be able to enter your story in the text edit box and add pictures and a video -- be sure to click the Save button when you are finished editing.
- Develop your contact list. Deciding who to ask is important! To avoid getting lost in a sea of names of friends and family, plan out whom you will ask for donations in advance. Break your contact list down into manageable groups to plan your fundraising strategy.
- Write a sincere, informative message to feature in your fundraising materials. We’ve provided some sample e-mails here.
- Insert your style and voice with personal stories and pictures.
- Target your ask to the recipient by requesting a larger donation from those whom you know can afford it.
- Use social media to post about your training and fundraising. We’ve provided some sample social media posts here.
Remember, your family, friends and colleagues want to support you! You are giving them a great opportunity to invest in a good cause. Thanks for participating!